CREW Chicago annually awards up to three scholarships each in an amount not to exceed $5,000 for graduate and junior or senior undergraduate students majoring or concentrating in real estate, construction, facility management, architecture, urban planning, real estate law, land economics, real estate appraisal or related real estate fields.
The scholarships are primarily awarded on the basis of academic excellence and are intended to help qualified students pursue an education that will lead them into productive careers in commercial real estate in the Chicago-land area.
Applicants must be enrolled for the academic year in which the award is being sought. Applications are available starting in mid-August, with an October 31st deadline for the ensuing academic year.
Our 2020-2021 Scholarship winners are Ines Andrade, Allison Evans, Joy Lin, and Rhonda Rogers.
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a female citizen of the United States
- Be of legal age in the state in which the applicant resides
- Be a junior, senior or graduate student at a college or university
- Complete all of the items listed below which are required before any applicant will be considered for the scholarship. Failure to turn in any of the required materials without explanation will be grounds for automatic denial of the application.
- 1. APPLICATION FORM
- Use the link above to complete the form.
- 2. CRE INTEREST/CAREER OBJECTIVES (<1,000 words)
- Tell us about your interest in commercial real estate and your career objectives. Please include why you believe your interest and objectives make you uniquely qualified for the CREW Chicago Scholarship. Submit via email to email@example.com as an attachment named "Scholarship - Interests/Objectives - [your name]" or mail to the address below.
- 3. VALUE AS MEMBER OF CREW CHICAGO (<500 words)
- The successful applicant for this scholarship will be awarded a student membership at CREW Chicago. Please identify your experiences, skills, and personal attributes that you believe will bring value to the Chicago Chapter of CREW and guarantee a successful membership for both parties. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment named "Scholarship - Value to CREW - [your name]" or mail to the address below.
- 4. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- Official copies of all transcripts of all your collegiate records (certified by the Registrar or other responsible official) of the courses you have taken. Submit via mail to the address below, or they may be emailed from the university/college to email@example.com
- 5. RESUME
- Resume of relevant experience. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment named "Scholarship - Resume - [your name]" or mail to the address below.
- 6. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION (2)
- Two letters of recommendation submitted in envelopes marked “Confidential” and sealed by the reference with his/her signature over the seal. References should indicate how they know the applicant and why the applicant should be considered for this award. Both letters should be from professors or employers who know the applicant’s work. Submit via mail to the address below or the person writing the letter can email it to Info@crewchicago.org
If awarded a scholarship you will be required to attend a recognition event. In addition, you will be requested to attend and participate in CREW meetings.
All items must be submitted as instructed above. Emailed items should be sent to email@example.com as attachments with file names as described above. Mailed items should be addressed to:
- CREW Chicago
- Attn: Laura Van Alstine
- 1201 Wakarusa Drive, Suite D
- Lawrence, KS 66049
Completed applications and all requested additional documentation MUST BE RECEIVED by October 31st.
Donate to the CREW Chicago Scholarship Fund
Director, Fifth Third Bank
Senior Project Manager, Related Midwest
Senior Vice President - Real Estate Lending, Byline Bank
Partner / Attorney, Gould & Ratner LLP
Senior Project Manager, Project Management Advisors, Inc.
Director | Architect | AIA, Eastlake Studio
Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP
CEO, Chicago Association of Realtors
Associate, Nixon Peabody LLP
Senior Vice President, Fifth Third Bank
Director of Operations, ARCO Murray | Design Build
Principal, Syndicated Equities