Managing Partner, CitrinCooperman
Mary Fuller is the managing partner of the firm’s Chicago office. Mary specializes in real estate audit, tax and consulting work related to shopping center, student housing, multi-family housing and office properties. She advises developers, property management companies and investment entities on a wide range of structure, tax efficiency and due diligence matters. Examples include:
• Due diligence related to property acquisition and disposition for shopping center development and management companies.
• CAM audits and tenant settlement billings for a Chicago-based REIT and several shopping center properties.
• Forecasts and projections related to syndication transactions for large real estate management companies.
• Tax and cash flow projections for several real estate partnership entities.
• Lease analysis, abstract and interpretation for commercial, industrial and residential property management companies.
• Audit, review and compilation engagements for property owners as necessitated by lenders and other outside parties.
• Assist management companies with common area cost issues, other tenant-initiated audits and landlord/tenant disputes.
• Expert analysis and testimony related to landlord/tenant litigation.
In addition to her extensive real estate industry expertise, Mary has testified for the U.S. Attorney as an expert witness. She also has experience leading teams with regards to multiple specialized projects including internal control evaluations, compensation planning, business entity structuring and tax planning, cash flow management, cost reduction analysis, management efficiency studies, and fraud investigation, evaluation and prevention.
Mary also helps drive the recruiting and professional development of the Chicago office. A stalwart advocate for the advancement of women in the accounting profession, prior to joining Citrin Cooperman, she was responsible for creating recruiting and retention initiatives to provide career and promotion opportunities for its female professionals at Shepard Schwartz & Harris where she was managing partner of the firm. Today, she continues to be an active mentor to young professionals.