Table Talk - Networking with a Purpose
Have you just wanted a chance to talk with CREW Chicago members about topics of interest to you in your profession? Sign up for a "Table Topic" to discuss a specific topic on which you are interested in sharing your knowledge or expertise, are passionate about, find someone who knows about it, or just want to learn about it with other CREW Chicago members and guests. A table facilitator will start the discussion, but after that your table is on its own to shape the discussion in whatever direction the table wants to go.
When registering please be sure to list your top three choices
. Due to demand, we cannot guarantee everyone will get her or his first choice, but every effort will be made to assign you to a table where one of your top three choices will be discussed. Click HERE
to view the topic summaries.
Table Talk Choices:
- Property Taxes
- Co-Working - The Wave of the Future or a Flash in the Pan? - FULL
- Co-Living – A New Way to Live in the City?
- Hipsturbia and Demographic Shifts
- The Amazon Effect - FULL
- The Shared Ride Industry
- Shelters to Shutters and the NIMBY Effect
- How to get on a Board of Directors - FULL
- The Art of Self-Promotion - FULL
- Gender Bias
- Managerial Skills - FULL
- Women Owned Businesses - FULL
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
The Ivy Room*
12 E. Ohio, Chicago, IL 60611
*Please note this is a new location
Members $65 | Nonmembers $85
at the door:
Members $90 | Nonmembers $110
The Ivy Room is located at 12 E. Ohio Street, mid-block between State and Wabash, on the north side of the street. The entrance is located between the historic Tree Studios and the former Medinah Temple, now Bloomingdale Home. See image below for the entrance:
Public Transportation: The nearest transit stop is Grand Avenue on the CTA Red Line (521 N. State Street). Exit at Grand and State, walk 1 block north on State to Ohio. Go right on Ohio, walk ½ block east to entrance.
• From 90/94: Exit at Ohio Street. Drive east to State Street. The Ivy Room is ½ block east of State Street on Ohio Street.
• From Lake Shore Drive (north): Lake Shore Drive South to Michigan Avenue exit. South on Michigan Avenue to Ontario Street. Right on Ontario to State Street. Left on State Street to Ohio Street. Left on Ohio, ½ block.
• From Lake Shore Drive (south): Lake Shore Drive North to Randolph Street Exit. Continue straight on Lower Lake Shore Drive to Grand Avenue. Left on Grand Avenue to State Street. Right on State Street to Ohio Street. Right on Ohio, ½ block.
Parking Information: A number of parking garages are located within a block of the Ivy Room entrance. These garages include:
• 9 E. Ohio Street (closest to entrance)
• 50 E. Ohio Street
• 22 W. Ohio Street
• 29 W. Ohio Street
Spothero (https://spothero.com/) lists these garages for $12 or less for up to three hours of parking. See the Spothero website for more information on setting up an account and using the app. Please allow extra time for parking and walking to the venue.