Registration is closed.
Lunch and Learn- Leases part II- Business Issues- Which is a Better Deal? - Members Only
Join moderator Rachel Wanroy
(of Burke Warren MacKay and Serritella) in exploring burning questions in leases like:
• Which is better, a modified gross vs.net lease?
• Who wants a right of first refusal vs who wants a right of first offer?
• What are operating expense exclusions and why would you want caps?
• What do you consider “profit” in assignment and sublet?
• Why should Landlord get a say in approval for assignment and sublet, and more.
CREW members Melissa Vandewater
(of the law firm Seyfarth Shaw) and Barbara Ellis-Racic
(of the tenant rep. Firm Corporate Real Estate Solutions) will represent the interests of tenants in this discussion, while Michele Krause
(of the law firm Ginsberg Jacobs) and Karin Kraai
(landlord leasing agent with Newmark Knight Frank) will represent the interests of the landlords in this discussion.
Expect lively point-counterpoint on the thinking behind why landlords and tenants take the positions they do, and how agreement is reached in negotiations for leases.
Lunch will be provided, and space is limited, so register early!
Partner, Burke Warren MacKay and Serritella, P.C.
Barbara Ellis Racic
Senior Vice President, Corporate Real Estate Solutions
Partner, Seyfart Shaw LLP
Senior Managing Director, Newmark Knight Frank
Partner, Ginsberg Jacobs LLC
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Burke Warren MacKay and Serritella, P.C.
Conference Center | 330 N. Wabash Ave | Suite 2100
Members Only $10
Thank you to our event sponsor: