What’s the difference between CREW Network and CREW Chicago membership?
CREW Chicago is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW Chicago is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 75+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 11,000 CRE professionals.
With more than 300 members, CREW Chicago is the preeminent organization for senior-level executive women in the Chicago real estate market. While the overall purpose and goals of CREW Chicago reflect those of CREW Network, CREW Chicago has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market.
CREW Chicago uses CREW Network's qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW Chicago typically holds a monthly luncheon program and hosts additional professional development and networking events throughout the year. View events »
We encourage members to get involved with a committee to help maximize your membership experience. Committee participation can vary, but each committee normally has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the benefits of membership?
In addition to automatic enrollment with CREW Network, benefits of membership in CREW Chicago include the following;
- A supportive environment that promotes advancement through knowledge sharing and networking.
- Opportunity to engage with peers drawn from every discipline in the industry.
- Educational and leadership programs for both personal and career development.
- Discounted registration fees to CREW Chicago’s programs and to CREW Network’s Leadership Summits and annual convention.
- Invitation to members-only events including dine-arounds, leadership programs and networking events
- Access to innovative industry research and benchmark studies
- Access to CREWbiz: CREW Network’s online business networking tool, membership directory and personal marketing profile which can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally.
What are the requirements to join? How much does membership cost?
CREW Chicago members must be commercial real estate professionals directly involved in one of CREW Network's qualified fields of commercial real estate (QFCRE), or in fields which are critical to the support of these professionals during the commercial real estate transaction process.
CREW Chicago has four (4) categories in which individuals can join, which are differentiated by years of experience and area of expertise, and dues vary accordingly.
Requirements Prior to Application Submission
- Attend at least two (2) CREW Chicago events within eighteen (18) months prior to applying for membership, one of which may be either a Coffee and Conversation or Cocktails and Conversation event
- Engage two (2) sponsors (current CREW Chicago members - at least one of whom shall be from outside the applicant’s firm) to complete a Sponsor Form
How do I Apply?
You may submit apply online by completing the Membership Application Form. The form requires attachment of your resume/bio, dates of CREW Chicago events attended, and the names of your sponsors. A $25 non-refundable application fee is also required, payable via credit card.
Once received, applications are reviewed by the CREW Chicago Board of Directors at the monthly Board meeting. Once approved for membership, an invoice will be sent via email, which may be paid via check or online with a credit card.
Questions regarding application for membership should be directed to Jamie Sackmann, Chair, Membership Committee - (773) 636-2728 or Erin O'Leary, Co-Chair, Membership Committee - (847) 877-3624.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Questions regarding application for membership should be directed to Jamie Sackmann, Chair, Membership Committee - (630) 240-3870 or Erin O'Leary, Co-Chair, Membership Committee - (847) 877-3624